A monstrous Introduction

Greetings and salutations!!! Now for the few of you that know me from outside this crazy world of blogging will know that I used to do a weekly Vlog of my painting updates. However due to my Iphone's recently revelation that it no longer wants to record videos for me I have endeavoured to now record it using these strange squiggles on my computer screen. Eventually my vlog might come back in which case I would likely post them on here so the one or two people reading these will be able to watch them as well... Now with that out of the way I can introduce myself properly...*Ahem* my name is Ben though most people call me Bear as it has been my nickname for many a year now. I have been playing tabletop gaming now for around 16 years and play a range of games including but not limited to the Games Workshop range, Malifaux and Iron Kingdoms games (though I haven't played that one in a while I still do have a sizeable Cryx force....I miss my Everblight....) This blog will document my travels in the various realms of geekdom to which I frequent, though mostly it will be centered around the painting and converting that I do (or attempt). So now on to what I am currently working on. The main drive for my painting time is currently producing my army for my gaming clubs (Portal Wargaming) next Warhammer Fantasy event in January. Since the End Times books started coming out the game has really picked up again and I have looked forward to this for a while as Warhammer Fantasy holds a special place in my heart as I do enjoy fantasy games over sci-fi mostly. The army I am building is an all monster army using the Chaos Legions list in the Glottkin book, essentially adding doombulls to my mostly Warriors of Chaos list. So to go through what I am doing so far I shall use the aid of pictures.
This is my second chimera, the first one didn't turn out how I hoped so I started painting this one very differently. Currently I am reasonably happy with how it has gotten on and need to get round to finishing it.
This is the very early start to my conversion for Kholek Suneater, A good friend of mine converted one many moons ago using the old carnosaur and Lord of the Rings troll which was fine at the time but things are much bigger in Fantasy now and he needs an update.

These are my trolls, I found the chaos troll models frankly rubbish, and upon attempting to convert river trolls to look more fitting a chaos army I decided an alternative was necessary. Forgeworld conveniently provided that answer with their bile troll models...so I bought a few....as in 18 of them. This will be forming the main unit of my army with them surrounding Throgg in a big stompy unit of death and stupidity (literally!). The other picture is demonstrating the flesh of my trolls when they are done being painted. The technique I used was from the Dark Future Games blog where they go through painting "corrupt flesh" to which I will provide a link here.
Lastly is this big fella! I recently bought this guy from Titan Forge Miniatures and was overwhelmed by just how ridiculously big he is! (the models around him are for reference to his gargantuan size). He will be a doombull, yes doombull and am trying some source lighting effect on this one to try having the pipes looking really hot and giving off a glow. Will it work? Unlikely but I will keep you informed nonetheless!

I think we will leave this one here for now, I have shown you all the stuff I am doing for Warhammer Fantasy at the moment. I am doing other things in 40k as well but that can be for another post I reckon.

Ta ta for now!


Comments

  1. Awesome post mate, love the Titan Forge stuff, keep up the blogging!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment