New Projects

Greetings all,

So the Warhammer tournament is over, my monsters are done (for now...) and I am left with a void on my table for things to paint. I creep a look across at the carry case with my vastly unfinished ork horde and I almost break out in a cold sweat as it is a task I truly do not wish to embark on again. As my brain constantly tosses backward and forward about me keeping or selling my orks, I distract it with another project in order to delay that decision to a later date. This time round I want to do something different, as my dark eldar haemonculus stuff awaits its next update (I will go into them in another post)I wanted to try something that I haven't really done much of before and that is a good guy army.

Historically I always go for the villains, it's what I do, it's what I enjoy. There is always something about being the bad guy that is far more entertaining for me and that is in anything from the tabletop gaming to being the guy people want to beat at a magic FNM to playing villains in a LARP event. So to pick an army that is the opposite of those things is really hard, as they tend to have the characteristics that don't particularly interest me. In addition to this a problem that I have with 40k is that good guys pretty much means doing an Imperium army of some description. The reason this is a problem is I usually find space marines boring and it takes a really interesting idea for me to get into it.

And still I am sitting here painting power armour...


Whilst I am not going to divulge exactly what the project is, here is a tester marine to try painting gold as I haven't painted them in a real long time. As suggested and advised by my esteemed colleague from work I have been using the Gold Master Series by Reaper Miniatures and it takes to the model pretty damn well. Overall I am actually quite happy with how it turned out, but let me know what you guys think in the comments and if you think there is a good tutorial that you think I should look at for gold let me know as well.

Until next time take care everybody

Comments