First Dark Eldar Post (Finally!)

Hello everyone!

Now as some people may have gathered by now the name of the post was based around the Dark Eldar, who are if I really think about it my favourite race in 40k. Whilst this is the case, I have yet to talk about my Dark Eldar army since starting this blog so I think it is about time that I did.

I have been collecting Dark Eldar for a few years now, though it would have been much longer had it not been for the truly awful models they used to have back in the day (if you don't believe me look at the old Kabalite warrior models and tell me you would honestly buy them nowadays). My original army was designed to be for tournament play, specifically put together to win games and to be competitive using the "venom spam" tactic. This was helped out by the fact that venoms are lovely models which made the fact they were horrendously broken in the rules seem less important. Below you can see the fruits of my former army from the previous book when I took it to a tournament a couple years back.


Though with the new codex release towards the end of last year the army has changed, not much but it has changed a little. I have had to make some slight adjustments to my previous list and I have probably only played 1-2 games with the new codex (this is partly also due to people at Portal Gaming Club not really enjoying playing against my Dark Eldar...can't imagine why...) so I have endeavoured to do some of the more interesting yet not quite as competitive elements to Dark Eldar to try and make things a bit more interesting.

Firstly here are some older pictures of wracks that I have put together, I love the Haemonculus Covens and have pledged to make a Coven list that whilst it might not win all it's games will hopefully freak some people out by how visually disturbing it is! The inspiration for these wracks were from a common enemy from 'The Evil Within' and was a simple conversion with a scalpel and a head swap from the Sisters of Slaughter models for Fantasy Dark Elves.





So onto something I have done more recently, this week in fact. Over the past week I made a GW order on the off-chance of winning their competition of getting a pile of stuff equal to the size of a marine...I didn't win but you have to try to win I suppose. It gave me the opportunity to buy some models I have always wanted to get, which are the Dark Eldar Mandrakes. These models are great and even though I disagree with other members of the Dark Eldar community in their effectiveness, I welcome them to the fold with open arms! So far the majority of them are undercoated but as I normally do I have painted one to test out colour schemes etc. and here is what I have produced so far for them. I have gone with a fairly generic colour scheme for them as it just seems to fit with them so well why rock the boat?





I will also in the near future be testing out some techniques I have found on Pinterest in relation to converting ideas but that will be something to show you another time.

Until then take care everybody!

Comments