Da Big Gunz!

Hello there!

Now, I said a while ago now that I always have Orks on my painting table, not because I always want to do them, but because of the sheer amount of them that need painting I need a constant reminder. A friend of mine is hosting a 40k tournament celebrating his 40th birthday (it has a lot of rules and specifics relating to that number) and it is a doubles event meaning that I will as normal be teaming up with my resident Big Mek Peno. Since going to events I want to have my army fully painted it means the gaping abyss that is my Ork case has to be opened to get stuff done.

Soooooooo.....
Here I have my big gun battery painted up ready to be used (Grotz are next on the list) which have been alright to paint if not slightly awkward due to me not having a whole lot of Ork armour/vehicles and I always find it a bit difficult determining what should and shouldn't be just metal coloured. I made them from a single Mek Gun box along with a Wartrukk and whilst I would love to claim that this was of my own design...it wasn't. I sneakily took the idea from this blog who explained the whole thing (some areas were a little vague at times and some bits I "improvised" but the overall tutorial is good) and it is a really good idea to get Mek Gunz on the cheap!






I'm pretty happy with these and the next thing on the block are the Grotz to go along with them. Must avoid painting basic Orks as long as I can!

Oh by the way I finally sorted the whole blog following thing on this thing so you can now follow me if you like, apparently it's a blog thing...

Until next time, take care everybody!

Comments

  1. It's hard to go wrong painting orky stuff :) that said these have come out nicely.

    On the topic of metal, I tend to paint EVERYTHING metallic, the hit it with hairspray - paint the bits i (or rather my inner mek) want to have some colour and use warm water to distress and remove the paint.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment