A Green Easter

Hello there everyone!

I hope you are all having a good Easter/Bank Holiday/Excuse to eat chocolate I am thoroughly enjoying my time off work, though I also need to do some house cleaning too which is a bit of a bummer.

But on to modelling things! I was going to bring you my Grot crew along with the big gunz from last post together but they are currently sitting on my windowsill waiting for their bases to dry so I thought I would instead post on here how my Orks are doing in general. I haven't posted up on the Web the various different things I have already repainted since I decided that my Orks needed redoing mid last year. So here it goes! (hopefully the pictures will look ok for you, they look alright on one of my screens but a little naff on the other so hopefully it's just me with a slightly colour screwed monitor)





These are my boyz, as you can see they have been painted VERY basically to stop me going insane whilst painting this many Orks (I must have painted around 60 of the damn things so far) but even with the simpleness of them they do look impressive looking in large groups (when I play a game with them all I will be sure to take a picture so you can see for yourself).


My Ork Nobz, these are the guys who are Nobz for my main Ork units, all armed with power klaws as it should be!


I love Deffkoptas, they just scream ridiculous as only Orks can manage. It also greatly surprises me how GW haven't re-released these models since the starter box all those years ago as the regular one just sucks! I am with my Orks going to be doing multiple tribes as part of the grand army so each element will correspond to their respective clan, hence Evil Sunz koptas and Goff boyz.




And then finally (and most importantly!) the big bad himself, Warlord Skargrub. I can't remember if I have mentioned how he has evolved over the years from his original form back when I started playing Warhammer (he has had more forms than a Dragonball Z villain!!) but I will post them all together at some point to show you. My fantastic Big Mek Peno built him for me and it took me ages to actually get round to painting him but I did. He is accompanied by his personal pet Squig who was literally just an excuse to buy Gobbla as I love that model to bits.

So there you have it, a snippet of my Ork forces so far, come May when they inevitably emerge for my friends 40th birthday I shall hopefully have the whole army painted (that I'm taking to the event that is) so will post pictures up of them then.

As to what is next on here? I believe more Batman models should be arriving this week for a Portal Wargames event over the next few Months. If you wish to follow it go to #taleofsixgamers on Facebook to check it out.

But until then, take care everybody!

Comments

Post a Comment