Boom!

Well hello there everybody!

I am so close to finishing my Orks ready for my friends birthday I can almost taste it...but they're Orks so it would probably taste very bad, and fungally. The next unit up for you guys to see in my progress is my gun battery.

Now I have shown you the gunz I had painted earlier on a previous post, so now it is time for the crew and the two parts together! Firstly let's talk Grotz, I love the little guys, so many interesting ideas and conversions can be done with them and they are often made into armies themselves a la Grot Rebellion forces (not an official army but surprising how often it comes up...I have been tempted with them myself before). With the Grotz in my army I wanted them to be clearly different to the Orks in that the skin tones aren't even close to being the same. Since my Orks are more a turquoise shade of green I decided to go to the opposite end of the scale with my Grotz by making them have a distinctive yellow tinge to them.

This was them in their painted state before basing. As you can see their skin is quite bright and very different to how my Orks are painted. Whilst a few people have complimented how the skin has been painted it was embarassingly easy to create, a simple white undercoat followed by a Gryphonne Sepia which was in turn followed by a wash of some old school Thraka Green I had lying around. For these models that are small and numerous that is enough for me to do with then adding the details for clothing and weapons as appropriate and it is surprisingly effective!

So I based them along with putting my gunz on bases and here is the result.




I'm pretty happy with how these have come out. The bases bring everything together and the bright skin from the Grotz really makes them pop out alongside the massive gunz they are crewing.

So as I said I am nearly there, and by nearly I mean mostly just basing needing to be done with some repainting of skin on my lootas to fit the rest of the army. Here is a picture of how it looks so far.

Hopefully next post will have the whole army finished! (Or at least this tourblesome Painboy I have put off for about 6 months!)

Until then, take care everybody!

Comments

  1. Looking good; my Conscripts challenge your Grots to a fist-fight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment