We're All Crazy Now!

Good day everyone!

Now as I stated in my last post I was eagerly anticipating a shipment of Batman models to come my way as part of the growing popularity of this small skirmish game...and they did!

The models in question were somewhat random in their initial state, that being the Black Mask crew, Zsasz and his Arkham inmates and a Superman model.....hold on that last one seems a little off. Though there is indeed method to my madness (this time) in that it was part of a conversion. My madness returns however when I explain I bought the whole model just to take the head, ah that's better, calming insanity now resumed.

I wanted to create my own Joker crew for the #TaleOfSixGamers event at Portal Wargaming where we are building up Batman crews and it seemed like an interesting idea to run with, plus I really wanted the Zsasz model as I like him in the Batman series in his various incarnations. You may have noticed I said a Joker crew yet didn't actually order any Joker related models, this is where the conversion comes in. I wanted to have a Joker that fitted my Batman, so naturally the solution was to have the Joker from Dark Knight Returns. This posed me a challenge as he looks very different to the existing models that currently represent The Joker. However a simple conversion using Black Mask and Superman gave me the result I was looking for, with my results shown below.



Granted it's not perfect, but I think it does the job and it is identifiable as to who it is supposed to be for those who have seen the source material (a good watch if you haven't seen it already).

I have currently been working on Zsasz next and I have mostly finished him except for his "marks" to which I need to get a fine liner as I will not be doing it by brush. Here is how he looks so far.



Who knew that painting stubble was such an easy technique? I thought it would have been more complicated than simply using very thin washes of grey. The rest of the loons are on my painting table at the moment but I am also looking at the Orks I need to get done for next month and I should probably get them done first....should being the important word there.

My next post will likely be a review of my experience playing the game and how it compares to other small skirmishes I have played.

But until then, take care everybody!

Comments