Decepticonversion

Hello everybody!

I was invited to Warhammer World this past weekend where the majority of people were bringing 30k so it was time dust off the machines and get them sorted.

Now I had a Thanatar in a bag, sitting there looking all lonely and unloved, so I had to do something with it. I love the Mechanicum bits from Forgeworld they are just infinitely better than the models Games Workshop released for their 40k version and the Thanatar is no exception. With this being my second one I wanted to do something different to it so it stood out a little, so I cut it up a little and changed it so the massive Plasma weapon it has was on it's arm as opposed to on it's back. When I showed this to people I got a couple of reactions, mainly "Megaman!" or "Megatron!" which got me thinking about how I wished to paint it (now the clever ones among you will look at these choices, read the title of the blog post and come to the conclusion about which I chose when painting this...)

With this Thanatar I wanted it to represent my Paragon of Metal upgrade, so one from ancient times that the Mechanicum are not exactly sure about and can go horribly wrong when given a Cyberthurgy order. Also being a huge Decepticon fan growing up meant this decision was fairly academic, ALL HAIL MEGATRON!!


 I had a lot of fun with this model, I think it came out really well and is fairly recognisable in the colour scheme for Megatron (G1 naturally). Below is a picture of him with the rest of my 2000pts army used.


He even took half of Vulkan's wounds in his first shoot of the game which was immensely impressive and led to his eventual demise. Whilst Megatronus (my friend called him that as he is precursor with it being 30k) eventually got brought down during the game he was instrumental in helping me win so a great first outing for him (I won the game by the way... he had a fire raptor left whilst the rest of his army was wiped out.).

I really should paint those Myrmidons as they are one of the last things to be finished in my force now, I also want more...they are awesome.

Will likely be back onto Dark Eldar next week, with me constructing my second Scalpel Squadron Wrack unit they will likely be the update or some examples of the text Wrack for a new unit.

But until then, take care everybody!

Comments

  1. I'm also a huge decepticon fan, so points for the Megatron, and even more points for the WORDPLAY.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment