Base Drop

Hello everybody!

Just a quick one today (this seems awfully similar to last weeks post, which wasn't quick at all) and I promise this one is this time.

Just going to be showing you guys the steps behind the bases I am doing for my Dark Eldar. What I have done is rather than having to go through the paints I have used, I have included each of the paints for that particular step in the picture so you can see for yourself (I believe I saw this on Karitas' blog when he does his step by steps...either way you should check his stuff out here)












And there we go, nice and simple painting for bases that offset the models nicely. The reason for the purple vines? Firstly I saw these exact bases being painted that way and really liked them, secondly because the main colour of my models is yellow having purple on them offsets them nicely.

In other areas I have started construction of the second Talos and my brain is still rattled over what to do with grotesques, with the added headache of trying to work out what to do for the Cronos in my Dark Artisan formation.

But that is more discussion for another time.

Until then, take care everybody!

Comments