Rise of the Machines

Hello everybody!

So coming up is the Horus Heresy Throne of Skulls, and apparently a whole bunch of my friends are going and because of me going to London last weekend I didn't have the money to buy myself a ticket. I thought all was lost...that I would miss out...but there is hope! (for the moment) Currently the tickets have not sold out (at least they weren't when I wrote this blog post) so when I get paid next week if I can I will certainly be buying a ticket (you will probably find out either way next week as well).

With this in mind I had to dust off my formerly dormant Mechanicum and decide that if I were to make it what would I bring with me? To that end I decided it was time to paint one of the models that cemented my choice to embrace the machine cult, the Magos and his abeyant. Now for those of you who don't know what an abeyant is, it is sort of a mechanical platform that the Magos stands on or is built into that makes him look super fancy and important.

So without further ado, here he is!







I love this model, and it was great fun to paint. Hopefully it will look good alongside the rest of my army. I tested it against a friend of mine for 2k and I did pretty well especially against the damn Typhon super heavy...grrr....

Anyway, next week can be a whole bunch of things so I won't possibly say what it will be.

But until next time, take care everybody!

Comments

  1. Its a lovely model and a great paint job.. but that 4th picture down...

    makes him look like a steampunk Orco from he-man.. and i cant unsee it now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment