Go Mighty Bug Bots!

Hello everybody!

This past week I got round to painting up my Vorax Battle-Automata unit and here is how they came out.





Now these have been out for a while, and it took me a long time to get them as I felt the pictures didn't really make them look good. However when seeing the in the flesh (so to speak) I realised that it was more the pictures not doing them justice as they are pretty damn sweet looking.

I got them as I wanted to add a bit more variety to my machine menagerie but also because with the updated book they were finally at the stage where I thought they might have some slight play-ability... oh was I shooting below the mark there. Not only were these guys very strong indeed, but they were the quintessential piece to the army that I had been strongly missing...

How do I kill a Primarch?

These guys were brutal, and I mean truly brutal. I took these to a tournament this past weekend and in all 3 games I came up against particularly resilient Primarchs (notably Mortarion and Vulkan) and these fellas practically one turned them! Now I have to take this with a slight pinch of salt as in the last game (with some fairly unlucky rolling on my part and some extremely good saving throws on my opponents part) they failed to kill a second Mortarion I faced, though they did stand to take 7 wounds off him during the time they were in combat with him (he made 2 straight "it will not die" rolls).

Next time these guys get rolled out I will be taking the relic with my Archmagos that means my Cyberthurgy affects the whole unit.....this will be fun times indeed... *evil grin*

Now if only the tournaments I go to with my robot army didn't do blasted Maelstrom missions all the time....grumble grumble....

So what am I painting at the moment? Unless you are part of the 500pts January event my friend started on Facebook you will have to guess, They're like a bad habit, I just keep...going...back. You will find out next week though.

Until next time, take care everybody!

Comments