It Ain't Easy Being Green

Hello Everybody!

Last week I said that there was something else on my painting table now that my robots were back to being a complete army again...

I can feel that pull again, that unstoppable urge that builds up a few times in the year that makes me go back to something I always regret getting into. That feeling can be summed up in one word, one glorious word that you shout from the top of your lungs in the face of those who don't understand the joy of having this army. That word is of course....WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I got into my Orks again, what you gonna do about it?

A friend of mine has put together an event where people (an impressively large amount of people I might add) are pledging to put together 500pts of an army for the New Year. After much deliberation about what I wanted to do with this I decided that Orks was the sensible option here....did I really just type that?

Now some of you might be saying "Hey Bear, you already have a whole bunch of Orks already, surely you don't need any more?" and to those people I say...you are probably right, but screw it you can't have too many Orks! (at least I haven't come across it yet).

More specifically, I have decided that my Ork pledge shall be driving through as I am doing a Speed Freak army. Bikes, buggies and bombas (oh my!) shall be my army as it is going to be massively themed around purely speed and nothing else. The eventual plan is to have around 2k of each of the main Ork clans to have one gigantic Waaagh! That I can play big games of 40k with.

Here is what I have bought and put together so far, conversion ideas are afoot for other parts but we have to get 500pts done by the end of January so I hopefully will have more updates in the coming weeks with these guys.

Until then, take care everybody!






Comments