Death and Glory!

Hi everybody!

So since I haven't done a post in a while this will be a two parter in terms of updating things. Firstly, I managed to complete my first predator tank for my Iron Hands, starting with one of the plasma executioners. Since I did it with my Megatron Thanatar, I really like purple plasma weaponry it pops out from the rest of the model I feel.



I have also been trying out the weathering powders from Forgeworld, they work pretty well and you can get some really interesting effects that would be so much harder to do with just paints.

However this tank has already bored me, so I need to have something to split up painting these things. For this reason I decided to start painting the miniatures from my Blood Rage board game. I will be starting with the Kickstarter exclusive content I got from backing it. Feast your eyes on some Studio McVey goodness!





I am thinking I will start with the giant I really like the model and I am looking forward to doing these as they are super nice sculpts especially for a board game.

So that is part one, part two is what happened this past weekend.

I took part in a Warhammer 40k tournament, more specifically I took part in a doubles tournament with my good buddy Saxby. Together we joined our Dark Eldar forces together to pillage and raid the realspace in search of new prisoners and slaves! Behold some pictures of our glorious looking combined army (if I do say so myself) as we played 4 games across the weekend.





As the final picture suggests, we won!! We actually came first across the board, beat all of our opponents as well as scoring a solid amount of victory points in each game. I also came away with best army! Some mild vindication for my failed Throne of Skulls experience (though potential plans are in the works to deal with that later). It was a great weekend that I thoroughly enjoyed, and Saxby was fantastic to pair with having not seen him for quite a while, he never fails to put a smile on my face whenever we are involved with gaming.

Next post will hopefully be more recent and will be something from the board game goodness.

Until then, Take care everybody!

Comments